Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
$1.5 million new race series
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: $1.5 million new race series Reply with quote

this looks interesting http://www.220triathlon.com/news/15-million-dollar-super-league-triathlon-unveiled/11625.html?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Resend%20of%20%20220newsletter%20for%2011%2F02%2F17_51198_220%20Triathlon_Newsletter
and could upset the ITU race series
snowie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also has a website https://superleaguetriathlon.com/athletes

guess there will be a new campaign for the females to launch comming soon Exclamation Exclamation
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowie wrote:
also has a website https://superleaguetriathlon.com/athletes

guess there will be a new campaign for the females to launch comming soon Exclamation Exclamation

Quote:
The Super League Triathlon Championship series feature the world’s best male and female triathletes racing under contract on a “closed league” competing for USD $1.5M in prize money and athlete incentives across Season 1

I guess they just don't have any photos and profiles for the women Wink
fruit thief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has someone photoshopped the necks in those pictures? They all look huge except Andrea Salvisberg
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: $1.5 million new race series Reply with quote

snowie wrote:
this looks interesting http://www.220triathlon.com/news/15-million-dollar-super-league-triathlon-unveiled/11625.html?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=Resend%20of%20%20220newsletter%20for%2011%2F02%2F17_51198_220%20Triathlon_Newsletter

This could actually be seen as a positive move for ITU racing if it encourages the top athletes to stick with the shorter distance stuff and not move up to IM as their careers progress.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Open to male athletes only (15 women will be invited to join for the October leg)"
Roscoemck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it.

Wonder how long before they bring in a "Masters" event as well as the womens.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: $1.5 million new race series Reply with quote

snowie wrote:

I'm not sure it will upset the ITU WTS series, but be seen as complimentary as the date for the 1st race doesn't clash with any of the ITU series.

it will be more interesting to see how this format would transfer to age group racing (as they intimate it will) as I can see that being pretty chaotic if numbers aren't controlled. and being wetsuit unfriendly, it won't really work in colder climes like the UK or much of Northern Europe.

reading some tweets that Macca has made I suspect the next location is Phuket.
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: $1.5 million new race series Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:

it will be more interesting to see how this format would transfer to age group racing (as they intimate it will) as I can see that being pretty chaotic if numbers aren't controlled. and being wetsuit unfriendly, it won't really work in colder climes like the UK or much of Northern Europe.

All the references to amateur races are their "626" format (600m swim, followed by 20k bike, followed by 6k run). So a normal triathlon, and therefore I don't see anything special from a participation standpoint.

My reading was that all the "novelty" was limited to the pros, and from a spectator perspective.
Chrace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triathlon as a spectator friendly sport? Nevaaahhh...!
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: $1.5 million new race series Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
fat buddha wrote:

All the references to amateur races are their "626" format (600m swim, followed by 20k bike, followed by 6k run). So a normal triathlon, and therefore I don't see anything special from a participation standpoint.

My reading was that all the "novelty" was limited to the pros, and from a spectator perspective.

thanks for that - I hadn't read all the details so assumed a/g races would also follow the pro formats which clearly wouldn't work - although it could be fun watching the chaos!
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
I missed "...on tv".
The shorter, multiple transition races are quite fun to watch on tv. I really enjoyed the short, 2 male, 2 female, relay they had at the Commonwealth's.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:
I missed "...on tv".
The shorter, multiple transition races are quite fun to watch on tv. I really enjoyed the short, 2 male, 2 female, relay they had at the Commonwealth's.
the old french race series, some indoor, was epic...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:
I missed "...on tv".

explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
Chrace wrote:
I missed "...on tv".

that's my kinda racing...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: