Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
11 speed shifting with your favourite 10 speed wheels

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woolie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: 11 speed shifting with your favourite 10 speed wheels Reply with quote

I know there will be many athletes out there who have expensive wheels, with freehubs which will only accept a 10 speed cassette.

There are a number of solutions to using 11 speed, the most expensive being to change your wheels, the least expensive being to drop one of the gears from your 11 speed cassette.
The former is, as I've already said, expensive, especially because as everyone wants 11 speed compatibility, your old wheels are worth les than you think to sell.
The latter is completely ridiculous, and defeats the object.

Over the last couple of seasons, I have adapted cassettes for a large number of athletes, especially those with Zipp disc wheels (where freehubs cannot be exchanged), so that they have true 11 speed shifting, using a genuine Shimano Ultegra cassette.
This does not involve changes of any kind to your beloved wheels, and fits exactly the same way as a normal cassette.

To date, I have had no failures, and no bad feedback whatsoever. I have done cassettes for team mates, one in particular who uses a massive 65 tooth chainring, and produces lots of power. No problems

I can either modify your cassette, at a charge of 40, or I have stock of new Ultegra cassettes, in 11-23, 11-25, and 11-28, which are 85 posted to UK mainland.

If you want to know more, please PM me
flogazo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 11 speed shifting with your favourite 10 speed wheels Reply with quote

Woolie wrote:
I have done cassettes for team mates, one in particular who uses a massive 65 tooth chainring, and produces lots of power. No problems

Fun fact: a bigger chainring actually leads to a smaller force applied to the casette for any fixed force applied to the cank.

(2nd post to this forum and I'm already wise-assing)
#slowtwitchattitude
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, what was wrong with your original thread offering your services/product?

I will kindly ask, that if you're going to join the forum purely to advertise your services, then in the future, please place them in the Classified section where they belong. Consequently, I have locked this thread for that reason.

I have left your original thread open for now, hoping that you'll respect these rules. Thank you.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: