Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Russian Trump Papers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingstonGraham wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ejc

If I lend you a fiver, you have borrowed a fiver, and are in debt to me for a fiver.

If you have your own printing press you could simply print yourself a fiver. You are not owe it to anyone as you haven't borrowed it.

This is the one thing that governments (and banks to a degree) can do that you, me and corporations, can't.

National debt doesn't increase as you are not owe the fiver to anyone.

In my example you would actually be paying off a debt, eliminating it at a stroke. While paying it in full.

oh dear...

do you really read the economist???
Yes, thoroughly. Also happen to have an economics degree.


Have you read a fiver?
if you mean the promise to pay bit KG what do you think the bank will give you if you walk in, give them a fiver and ask for it.....drum roll....your note or another one back.

If you were somehow bantering KG, forgive me, for some reason banter tends to go over my head.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Whisk




Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 8287
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ok you would be "printing" sterling and may need to convert to pay in euros I give you.



You don't think that if you print a load of new ús to pay our exit charge and then the first thing you do is convert it to EUR then that isn't going to cause the value of sterling to crash?
_________________
2016: Just riding my bike....
Hot Chillee ride captain (sponsored by WattBike, Cervelo, Edco, Lazer, Continental, Le Marq, Garmin, Sportique, Purple Harry, Pro-Cycle Insurance, Maserati)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ok you would be "printing" sterling and may need to convert to pay in euros I give you.



You don't think that if you print a load of new ús to pay our exit charge and then the first thing you do is convert it to EUR then that isn't going to cause the value of sterling to crash?
quite possibly, which is why I said after a risk assessment. Remember some think that would be a good thing for exporters (not that it was worked recently). Crucify imports obviously, not to mention derivatives and accounts.

But who said anything of doing it immediately, it could be done yearly as the liabilities become ordinarily due, if that can be negotiated. Markets would then price it in.

Also in the general scheme of things from the Bank of England's statistical releases that is a tiny part of the approaching two trillion pounds money supply (m4 measure) and it ordinarily increased by 8 and then 18 billion in the past two months, so 25-75 billion, especially if spread out over a fair number of years, is not that significant and shouldn't really, in that context, have much effect on markets.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tin Pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 1831
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got anything to say about 'Russia Trump Papers' or is this as/ejc diatribe on the EU going on forever?
_________________
Iron '16 14:30:49
Half Iron '16 5:53:44
Olympic '16 3:18:18 '15 3:33:05, '13 3:36:00
Sprint '16 1:17:03, '14 1:40:13, '13 2:01:07
Half Mara '16 2:04:32, '14 2:07:11
10 Mile TT '16 26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
Has anyone got anything to say about 'Russia Trump Papers' or is this as/ejc diatribe on the EU going on forever?


it was part of the op...

...but yes, the EU fallout will probably last forever...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:


Which Ejc for someone who wants to stay in the EU is quite a helping hand to those like you who want out at any cost.

.


just as a reminder, i only want out of the EU because of the stupifyingly arrogant, ignorant, selfish, wasteful and incompetent way in which the EU operates...


i have been reflecting on this over the weekend...it is not that I wanted out at any cost, but that I did not want in at any cost
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 15456
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
Has anyone got anything to say about 'Russia Trump Papers' or is this another SS/eJC remote viewing & EU sparring session?


FTFY.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:


Which Ejc for someone who wants to stay in the EU is quite a helping hand to those like you who want out at any cost.

.


just as a reminder, i only want out of the EU because of the stupifyingly arrogant, ignorant, selfish, wasteful and incompetent way in which the EU operates...


i have been reflecting on this over the weekend...it is not that I wanted out at any cost, but that I did not want in at any cost
Well given that they seem to have had enough of us now it's a bit academic, and all May can do, is what Cameron did, and try to take control and positively spin the position.

This is what happens when politicians play politics.

Ejc Europe is at a real critical juncture just now, and could easily take a marked eastward shift, which would have clear consequences for our economy and security. The sad thing is that because of petty politicking and political external scapegoating (e.g. Cameron's blame Europe, blame the unemployed and disabled etc) which to be fair is well worn political strategy that I first learnt about thirty years ago at university, we are now at a key turning point. History doesn't have many of them, the fall of the Soviet Union perhaps being the last major one. Most people just don't see it, though I bet most spooks do given what has already been leaked on Russia's methods, the allegations re Trumps team, and on political party funding in Europe being examples. Putin really may be a stones throw away from gaining substantial further global influence. Not as I say that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, for we all share this world and powers rise and fall continually, but it would make our world a very different place.

Re remote viewing, as it was mentioned, look I have answered detailed and persistent questioning on that for the best part of a year now. Within a month I will have published my paper as money is getting tight and I need to earn a living again, and my remote viewing books do sell, and I do have a level of first hand understanding of viewing and what it can and can't realistically achieve.

For the moment I am going back to study Fluent Speech which will make sense to some accountants here, and use what I am learning there to help me improve my paper. To those here who have tried to help me, even if I don't seem to appreciate it, thank you and I do appreciate it. It is only by pushing our boundaries that we can achieve more, whether it be using our minds in better ways or in sports.

I don't post here to fight or squabble, but to share knowledge and gather opinions and have a little fun. Unlike many people I do genuinely worry about our world.

Peace.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:


Which Ejc for someone who wants to stay in the EU is quite a helping hand to those like you who want out at any cost.

.


just as a reminder, i only want out of the EU because of the stupifyingly arrogant, ignorant, selfish, wasteful and incompetent way in which the EU operates...


i have been reflecting on this over the weekend...it is not that I wanted out at any cost, but that I did not want in at any cost
Well given that they seem to have had enough of us now it's a bit academic, and all May can do, is what Cameron did, and try to take control and positively spin the position.

This is what happens when politicians play politics.

Ejc Europe is at a real critical juncture just now, and could easily take a marked eastward shift, which would have clear consequences for our economy and security. The sad thing is that because of petty politicking and political external scapegoating (e.g. Cameron's blame Europe, blame the unemployed and disabled etc) which to be fair is well worn political strategy that I first learnt about thirty years ago at university, we are now at a key turning point. History doesn't have many of them, the fall of the Soviet Union perhaps being the last major one. Most people just don't see it, though I bet most spooks do given what has already been leaked on Russia's methods, the allegations re Trumps team, and on political party funding in Europe being examples. Putin really may be a stones throw away from gaining substantial further global influence. Not as I say that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, for we all share this world and powers rise and fall continually, but it would make our world a very different place.

.


if you try really hard, you could talk up a war quite quickly.....I am reminded of 1950s USA...it will be great for the arms industry but, on the whole, i think the public is tired of the paranoia...

Russia only poses a threat now because there was not the political wherewithal to oppose him within the EU. With the current ideology, that won't change.

Out of interest, did you prefer Blair's spin?
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:


Re remote viewing, as it was mentioned, look I have answered detailed and persistent questioning on that for the best part of a year now. Within a month I will have published my paper as money is getting tight and I need to earn a living again, and my remote viewing books do sell, and I do have a level of first hand understanding of viewing and what it can and can't realistically achieve.
.


you answered questioning, but not always to the satisfaction of the questioner
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc

I have nothing to prove to you. I answered all of your persistent, detailed, repetitive questions for the best part of a year. Whether you are satisfied with my honest answers or not is up to you. I gave honest comprehensive to the best of my knowledge and ability answers. I am moving on.

re Blair, well no not really, the last prime minister I really had time for was Thatcher. As I grew older I just became cynical when I saw what I was taught in my university course, "the economic theory of politics" or something like that, play out in government after government. In brief politicians are only in it for themselves and will distract attention away from policy failings. For accuracy I should add that for a decade or so I opted out of politics and sometimes when I bothered to vote I would close my eyes and pick randomly wherever the pencil fell. One of biggest regrets, voting matters.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ejc

re Blair, well no not really, the last prime minister I really had time for was Thatcher. As I grew older I just became cynical when I saw what I was taught in my university course, "the economic theory of politics" or something like that, play out in government after government. In brief politicians are only in it for themselves and will distract attention away from policy failings. For accuracy I should add that for a decade or so I opted out of politics and sometimes when I bothered to vote I would close my eyes and pick randomly wherever the pencil fell. One of biggest regrets, voting matters.


but Thatcher's legacy is to have helped create the availability of finance that enabled people to feel that they could afford the carp they didn't need but were foolish enough to think that they wanted...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13804
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ejc

I have nothing to prove to you. I answered all of your persistent, detailed, repetitive questions for the best part of a year. Whether you are satisfied with my honest answers or not is up to you. I gave honest comprehensive to the best of my knowledge and ability answers. I am moving on.

.


for your paper to have validity, it will need to demonstrate a degree of robustness beyond your responses on here. Typically, your responses have ranged from selective to obfuscation. I don't think anyone has claimed dishonesty on your part, merely that they were less than convincing.

i look forward to reading the paper
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2217

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc, enough is enough, I again am going to let you have your inevitable last word, but your specific words quoted below are unfair. So is life I know.
explorerJC wrote:


Typically, your responses have ranged from selective to obfuscation.
That simply is not true. Typically I answered each and every question you asked as fully and honestly as I could for many months. I am sure you could find the odd selective or obfuscation answer to prove your point, but they would be few out of the many answers and if they exist would have been in response to your tone as we discussed months ago.


Anyhow Ejc, I will let you have your last word. Just don't expect a response.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PhilleusPhogg




Joined: 11 May 2015
Posts: 170

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That killed it - was enjoying this too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.