Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Come on down...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13951
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Come on down... Reply with quote

Holly Balogh
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
doug




Joined: 07 Jan 2004
Posts: 14986
Location: Harrow (Doonhamer in exile)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just a cup of T Rolling Eyes
_________________
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~A.A. Milne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13951
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She stood up against drafting though....
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
doug




Joined: 07 Jan 2004
Posts: 14986
Location: Harrow (Doonhamer in exile)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.change.org/p/world-triathlon-corporation-wtc-stop-illegal-drafting-at-all-ironman-events

Quote:
Holly Balogh started this petition
Unfortunately, the sport and the ability to qualify are being compromised by the amount of cheating going on at races via illegal drafting on the bike leg of the 112 mile journey. People are forced to either join the cheaters and draft to give themselves the opportunity to be at the top of their age group, or 'go it alone' and suffer a huge disadvantage. Drafting provides an advantage akin to taking performance enhancing drugs.



At least she knows what she is talking about Rofl
_________________
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~A.A. Milne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13951
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
https://www.change.org/p/world-triathlon-corporation-wtc-stop-illegal-drafting-at-all-ironman-events

Quote:
Holly Balogh started this petition
Unfortunately, the sport and the ability to qualify are being compromised by the amount of cheating going on at races via illegal drafting on the bike leg of the 112 mile journey. People are forced to either join the cheaters and draft to give themselves the opportunity to be at the top of their age group, or 'go it alone' and suffer a huge disadvantage. Drafting provides an advantage akin to taking performance enhancing drugs.



At least she knows what she is talking about Rofl


Thank god she didn't do both...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
doug




Joined: 07 Jan 2004
Posts: 14986
Location: Harrow (Doonhamer in exile)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
doug wrote:
https://www.change.org/p/world-triathlon-corporation-wtc-stop-illegal-drafting-at-all-ironman-events

Quote:
Holly Balogh started this petition
Unfortunately, the sport and the ability to qualify are being compromised by the amount of cheating going on at races via illegal drafting on the bike leg of the 112 mile journey. People are forced to either join the cheaters and draft to give themselves the opportunity to be at the top of their age group, or 'go it alone' and suffer a huge disadvantage. Drafting provides an advantage akin to taking performance enhancing drugs.



At least she knows what she is talking about Rofl


Thank god she didn't do both...


Or cut the course...
_________________
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~A.A. Milne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GrahamO




Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Posts: 9763
Location: United Arab Emirates or an airport

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
noun: virtue signalling

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
_________________
Arguing with engineers is like wrestling in mud with a pig - after a while you realise they like it
newMan : I don't know why you think you can address me like that! Don't ever reply directly to any of my posts again please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 13951
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like detraction than virtue signalling...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TransitionTed




Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 21430
Location: On It Lika A Car Bonnet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She needs to man up
_________________
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 15646
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty more like her, they just haven't been caught. I think I can safely say that.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stivrunning




Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: up north

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was it a case of smoke and mirrors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 15646
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was definitely a fire in there.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hammerer




Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16140
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get sloggers to remote view all the dopers. WTC are missing a trick.
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gingerbongo




Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1205
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
We need to get sloggers to remote view all the dopers. WTC are missing a trick.


brilliant Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gus




Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 2171
Location: Freezing my nads off in Aberdoom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
We need to get sloggers to remote view all the dopers. WTC are missing a trick.


I misread 'dopers' as 'doggers'.

Now that's an ambition worth pursuing.
_________________
BLOG now updating again!
In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big...

My 15 minutes of fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.