Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Training? What training?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mungo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 hours in the Cypriot sun....
Apart from three 2.5 hour static bike efforts.
Gorgeous clean weird shaped pool.

Good luck to anyone who is racing this weekend.

Let us know how it went....

Bad point is the food is off the scale....I'll be avoiding any sort of scales for the foreseeable!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:
17 hours in the Cypriot sun....
Apart from three 2.5 hour static bike efforts.
Gorgeous clean weird shaped pool.

!

Whereabouts?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two days in the lakes with my running club, cycling!

Did about 70 miles yesterday, steady pace but a few of the big climbs including Newlands, Honister & Kirkstone from Windermere.

Another 46 today with Kirkstone *2 and a few smaller ones.

Two perfect days, hardly any wind, dry, sunny, not too warm. Anyone doing the Fred today should have a good time.

Jeff
Mungo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whereabouts?
__
Limassol
Lovely hotel, come for three weeks every May.
Nice runs too.
Wouldn't ride a bike out here though.....!
Nutter central.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:
Whereabouts?
__
Limassol
Lovely hotel, come for three weeks every May.
Nice runs too.
Wouldn't ride a bike out here though.....!
Nutter central.

lived in Akrotiri for a couple of years...had a seat at the bar in the Step Inn...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
jibberjim

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
5 runs 40km in 2:50

3 commutes 93km in 4:30

1 ride 65km 2:36 161AP / 223 NP

7 runs 70km in 4:59

2 commutes 62km in 3:00

1 towing Otter commute (she'll give me a boost if I'm going slow but not got the gearing if I'm up to speed to give me more than a watt or two)

29km 1:15 188 AP 224 NP

1 headwing all the way ride
74km 2:36 179 AP 215 NP
I also felt I was working quite hard up Staple Lane, but actually I was rubbish both in watts and time - according to strava my 23rd best time...

My overall CTL is now up to 109 which is the highest since 2016, however it's much more made up of running than in previous years,
twhat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
5 runs 40km in 2:50

3 commutes 93km in 4:30

1 ride 65km 2:36 161AP / 223 NP

7 runs 70km in 4:59

2 commutes 62km in 3:00

1 towing Otter commute (she'll give me a boost if I'm going slow but not got the gearing if I'm up to speed to give me more than a watt or two)

29km 1:15 188 AP 224 NP

1 headwing all the way ride
74km 2:36 179 AP 215 NP
I also felt I was working quite hard up Staple Lane, but actually I was rubbish both in watts and time - according to strava my 23rd best time...

My overall CTL is now up to 109 which is the highest since 2016, however it's much more made up of running than in previous years,

solid week of running that, nice one

First proper week of running for me since VLM. Eyeing up a half pb attempt on June 10th. 5 runs total, 55 km. Weekend was quite productive, 6x1k on saturday quickest for a while... 15k medium fast sunday...
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:

It was actually the most ever in a calendar week, but only by about 1km, and it was the third time I've done 4:58 since I've been both reasonably fit and fast (I did 5:40 once, but I was over a minute/km slower)

Was no real effort at all, it's mostly finding the time around the family. The run CTL makes a big difference.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A weird week for me. Did absolutely zero the prior week (other than eat and drink) as was on holiday, so was feeling pretty rubbish and definitely put weight on.

This week was my biggest, in time and mileage, since my race in Feb ... despite only running on two days!!

Tues - 11.3km run at lunch, easy- 4.41/km, 115m
Tues - 45.2km night run, 8.30/km, 2,000m+ elevation - out and back over the toughest part of the Jurassic 100m course at 'race pace' bearing in mind it's the last 30 miles!
Sun - 23.7km tempo/hard sustained effort, 5.07/km, 773m - tough-ish course, lots of hills, lasted the full 2 hours whereas was expecting to have dropped of by half way.

so 80.3km in all. Running about 16km today over a couple of runs, so that'll tip the roling 7 day total, so wary of that.

Starting to believe again now.
twhat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
twhat wrote:

It was actually the most ever in a calendar week, but only by about 1km, and it was the third time I've done 4:58 since I've been both reasonably fit and fast (I did 5:40 once, but I was over a minute/km slower)

Was no real effort at all, it's mostly finding the time around the family. The run CTL makes a big difference.

Yep always the hardest part... i see your runs on Strava, you are very consistent. A different approach to myself.. i tend to be running either quite a bit faster or (more usually) slower, but rarely at, your pace. Funnily enough if i was trying to be consistent i'm guessing i'd be in and around that speed. Are you training for anything in particular?
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
Yep always the hardest part... i see your runs on Strava, you are very consistent. A different approach to myself.. i tend to be running either quite a bit faster or (more usually) slower, but rarely at, your pace. Funnily enough if i was trying to be consistent i'm guessing i'd be in and around that speed. Are you training for anything in particular?

Not training at all, I'm only posting on here as part of the "keeping me honest" ritual of hitting the "do something every day, stop doing nothing and getting more and more unfit, and crapper mental health". I do of course still look at the data, and it's surprising how actually relatively low intensity I'm running now, when I just went for a run I tended to hit an average HR around 155, now I'm hitting 150, and as you noted my pace is very consistent (generally I run around 4:15/km for any distance between 7 and 14 km although sometimes I'll do the shorter runs slower due to having just eaten for example, whereas the longer runs are done feeling normal as I make specific time for them.)

I've also not run hard at all for a very long time, interestingly I have a saturday morning where I can make parkrun this weekend, so it will be interesting to see how that goes! Given how low my HR got going hard on the bike yesterday I may well completely fail.

My Fenix has not actually reported I've done a single bit of "anaerobic" training in over 3 months. So I'm certainly not training.

The only event I have planned this year is the Porlock Hill Climb!
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
twhat wrote:

Not training at all, I'm only posting on here as part of the "keeping me honest" ritual of hitting the "do something every day, stop doing nothing and getting more and more unfit, and crapper mental health". I do of course still look at the data, and it's surprising how actually relatively low intensity I'm running now, when I just went for a run I tended to hit an average HR around 155, now I'm hitting 150, and as you noted my pace is very consistent (generally I run around 4:15/km for any distance between 7 and 14 km although sometimes I'll do the shorter runs slower due to having just eaten for example, whereas the longer runs are done feeling normal as I make specific time for them.)

I've also not run hard at all for a very long time, interestingly I have a saturday morning where I can make parkrun this weekend, so it will be interesting to see how that goes! Given how low my HR got going hard on the bike yesterday I may well completely fail.

My Fenix has not actually reported I've done a single bit of "anaerobic" training in over 3 months. So I'm certainly not training.

The only event I have planned this year is the Porlock Hill Climb!

Which road is used for that? Is it the little link road from Lynmouth up to Lynton, with that nasty little switchback? That's blimmin steep!!
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
Which road is used for that? Is it the little link road from Lynmouth up to Lynton, with that nasty little switchback? That's blimmin steep!!

The toll road, so it's just a nice easy 5% all the way. It's a great day out, open HC and kids HC combined on what is at least a 14 minute climb, and a 17+ one for me, I'm wanting to train for it and get into the 16's, which should be quite possible unless the wind is against, but I'll probably forget and not train for it, like every other year.
twhat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
gingerbongo wrote:

The toll road, so it's just a nice easy 5% all the way. It's a great day out, open HC and kids HC combined on what is at least a 14 minute climb, and a 17+ one for me, I'm wanting to train for it and get into the 16's, which should be quite possible unless the wind is against, but I'll probably forget and not train for it, like every other year.

Sounds like fun. Would i get disqualified for running up it with my son's Islabike strapped to my back ?
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twhat wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
gingerbongo wrote:

Sounds like fun. Would i get disqualified for running up it with my son's Islabike strapped to my back ?

Well, you'd come last by a long way - the first veteran woman does it at 23kph (beating her is my target for this year of course!) But yes, in a CTT HC a foot down is a DQ. https://www.strava.com/segments/10813534 is roughly the segment.

It is a great family day out though, lots of kids racing up the hill http://www.otterley.me/porlock/ straight after the adults go and a combined awards etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: