Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Training? What training?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a lunch run to look forward to with a 40mph return headwind Shocked
Poet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Well that was a wet ride in this morning! Anyone else braving the cr*ppy weather?

NOPE!
Got home 40 minutes late last night, so skipped the run, hoping to do it this lunch...took a look out of the window and went swimming instead - glad I did, hit some good times (for me) on the descending set Very Happy
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet. wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Well that was a wet ride in this morning! Anyone else braving the cr*ppy weather?

NOPE!
Got home 40 minutes late last night, so skipped the run, hoping to do it this lunch...took a look out of the window and went swimming instead - glad I did, hit some good times (for me) on the descending set Very Happy

I should hope so, swimming 14m a length Very Happy
stenard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

Nope! My (indoor) training day was bookended by a morning swim in Clapham, and an evening treadmill in Warsaw Rolling Eyes

Edit - I just looked, and I've not ridden outside in the UK since September 29th!
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed a 32 second run. Didnít even make it to the end of the road before I turned round! Very Happy probably worse that I bothered getting changed to consider it.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

I would love to be braving the cr*ppy weather, but stuck indoor training trying to rehab this gammy knee. All my friends were out for a 3 hour nighttime jaunt on the cliff paths and in the hills the other night. Big winds, loads of rain ... the conditions i love being out in! And i went to the gym in the morning instead. yey.

That said, i've been getting some good TR sessions in on the Wattbike now and fitness is starting to creep back. So hopefully when i start running again next month i won't be starting from zero. I am seriously bored of it all now!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I'm bored of it already, got wet again this morning. All the extra traffic didn't help either, slowing me down. Could be worse though, it could be London!
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the HPTEK Ramp Test today. Did not go well Crying or Very sad
Poet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful headwind on the way home tonight.
itís getting harder to swim at lunch, too (work)
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still recovering from the manflu.

60 min turbo tonight - Power in 30 min - Z1, 18 min - Z2, 12 min - Z3.
HR was 6 min Z1, 12 min Z2, 41 min Z3

Not sure whether to have a day off to complete recovery tomorrow or an easy 40 min run and an easy 30 min swim. Prob swim early and see how my breathing is.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet. wrote:
Awful headwind on the way home tonight.
itís getting harder to swim at lunch, too (work)

I sympathise, but at the same time it will make crushing you at the 113 easier, if you ever enter a Half that is.

Just stop being a tightwad and pay for peak hours membership of the Nuffield so you can swim before or after work Wink I always swim off peak, but was told here it was only £1 less for off-peak membership, which seems very odd.
Poet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Just stop being a tightwad and pay for peak hours membership of the Nuffield so you can swim before or after work

I can't - getting to work takes an hour whether I drive, get the train, or cycle. By the time I'veparked/walked/showered, it's 0740, so time to start work to leave at 1630, to be home by 1800.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet. wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Just stop being a tightwad and pay for peak hours membership of the Nuffield so you can swim before or after work

I can't - getting to work takes an hour whether I drive, get the train, or cycle. By the time I'veparked/walked/showered, it's 0740, so time to start work to leave at 1630, to be home by 1800.

IT contracting sounds pants; that and you need to work closer to home, or move house, or get a permanent role or all of the above Laughing Do you have to weave childcare logistics into that equation too?
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Poet. wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

IT contracting sounds pants; that and you need to work closer to home, or move house, or get a permanent role or all of the above Laughing Do you have to weave childcare logistics into that equation too?

I have to leave home by 7am, have a mega stressful job but can sometimes work a lunchtime session in gym in. Leave at 4.45, have an 50min commute home (on a good day) and have to pick up little one from after school care. Sometimes need to get her dinner and do the bedtime/bath routine.

I managed 10hr per week last year (just) from Feb til Sept, but honestly, the pool logistics sucked a$$. The house purchase/move is taking some energy also but at least there is nothing to do when we're in. I freakin hate DIY!

Next year I'm concentrating on riding and running. My swim is such that if I enter a tri, 4 weeks of two hours per week and I'm back up to speed (approx 2min/100) so makes little difference anyway.

Trail running, TTing and some mtb are my future Cool
Poet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

YUP!
But, after a mere nine days, I'm a free man (why does this never happen in summer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 41 of 44

Jump to: