Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Training? What training?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15996
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
I had a half day annual leave booked as missing quite a lot of weekend rides; was aiming to try a lap of IMUK but went on gym wattbike instead with the wind. First time taking iPad in with me and managed 2:45 on there at least.


do you have the gpx for this?


He uploaded it to Strava, it's totally legit.


I'm not doubting the performance, i am interested in the route...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 18071
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

I'm not doubting the performance, i am interested in the route...


The view will depend on the time of day in my experience Smile
_________________
27 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tri'ing Swimmer




Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

I'm not doubting the performance, i am interested in the route...


The view will depend on the time of day in my experience Smile


Afraid youíve lost me eJC Confused Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 18071
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

I'm not doubting the performance, i am interested in the route...


The view will depend on the time of day in my experience Smile


Afraid youíve lost me eJC Confused Very Happy


There was this one exercise back in the late 80s, where he landed on his head. Never been the same since.

If only there'd been a competent medic on the scene, he could have been saved.
_________________
27 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15996
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

I'm not doubting the performance, i am interested in the route...


The view will depend on the time of day in my experience Smile


Afraid youíve lost me eJC Confused Very Happy


There was this one exercise back in the late 80s, where he landed on his head. Never been the same since.

If only there'd been a competent medic on the scene, he could have been saved.

indeed that is correct...

i'd be more likely to get a fix on a sub in the south atlantic than try to unpack that...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Poet




Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 10064
Location: Your Mum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... ike @ Cheshire Oaks has a pair of size UK10 4%ís in...

...a size too small for me 😭😭😭

So I got a pair of Zoom Fly SP for £37 👍🏼👌🏽
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poet




Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 10064
Location: Your Mum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran an 18:42 in those bad boys this morning (Saturday)
Wouldíve probably been the same in my old trainers, if Iím honest.

In conditions that resembled a steeplechase, with a bit of wind thrown in for fun, I canít be too annoyed with that.

Had to stop after 2km to re-tie the left lace, losing 10-15s.

parkrun times
=========
Oct 2018 - 21:33
Nov 2018 - 20:02
Jan 2019 - 19:45
Feb 2019 - 19:14
Mar 2019 - 18:42

Canít wait to see a 17:xx again !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fruit thief




Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 2758

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet wrote:
21:33
20:02
19:45
19:14
18:42


Could be park run times, could be sightings of Halley's comet...

Nice progression, you coming back from a lay off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poet




Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 10064
Location: Your Mum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - about five years. A bit of stuff here and there, but you couldnít call it Training. Started back up again May/June 2018, getting some structure back in September-ish 2018

Boring summary below

Did London 2013, then not much at all.
I did my first parkrun Sep 2013, the weekend after London and ran 18:48 (PB is 17:07 Mar 2010)

I then had some time off the bike and quit swimming, too. I sometimes ran 3-4 times per week for about 30 minutes to do the following;

June 2014 - Half marathon with a friend in 1:34:15 (PB is 1:22:30 Feb 2009)
May 2015 - Half marathon with my brother in 1:50:16

I think I then took the bike out once or twice a year, maybe for a couple of hours, but kept up with running for 30 minutes 3-4 times per week.

April 2016 - 21:14 parkrun
May 2016 - 20:56 parkrun
June 2016 - 19:55 parkrun
September 2016 - 23:49 parkrun (?)

Put on 50lbs from September 2013 to May 2018.
Iíve now lost 30 of those.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fruit thief




Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 2758

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's amazing to see. Both how quickly fitness gets lost and how quickly it can come back. Good on you

I just hauled my frame around the Bath half in 1.24 and am now rounding off the day by having an actual bath, complete with a bottle of Fursty Ferret.

That's me done with running for a bit, time to dig the bike out now spring is here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poet




Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 10064
Location: Your Mum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fruit thief wrote:
Wow, that's amazing to see. Both how quickly fitness gets lost and how quickly it can come back. Good on you

I just hauled my frame around the Bath half in 1.24 and am now rounding off the day by having an actual bath, complete with a bottle of Fursty Ferret.

That's me done with running for a bit, time to dig the bike out now spring is here


Cheers! I'm hauling my Dad bod around Wilmslow Half next weekend, can't wait.

I don't wait to crack open the ales, maybe why my bod is so very Dad-like Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JeffB




Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 1353
Location: Middlesbrough

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per my little writeup in the ultra thread I did the 50 on Saturday, and feel a lot better than I expected.

Also time to get a bit more cycling in, but try and keep some run quality going.

Going to do a local duathlon in about 3 weeks and a 10k the week after as long as the knee settles down.

Jeff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poet




Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 10064
Location: Your Mum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
As per my little writeup in the ultra thread I did the 50 on Saturday, and feel a lot better than I expected.


HardMoors?
Route looked good - nice little detour up Roseberry Topping for starters(ish), wasn't there?

Did Antony's denim shorts make an appearance Rofl

EDIT: Disappointed he's bought new ones Mad

https://www.sportsunday.co.uk/hm50-10029
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JeffB




Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 1353
Location: Middlesbrough

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet wrote:
JeffB wrote:
As per my little writeup in the ultra thread I did the 50 on Saturday, and feel a lot better than I expected.


HardMoors?
Route looked good - nice little detour up Roseberry Topping for starters(ish), wasn't there?

Did Antony's denim shorts make an appearance Rofl

EDIT: Disappointed he's bought new ones Mad

https://www.sportsunday.co.uk/hm50-10029


Yes, Hardmoors 50, it was actually 53 for most people, it's usually ran in the opposite direction but it's the 50th anniversary of the Cleveland Way so they did it the opposite way and took us up Roseberry topping twice, went up, down, back up and down!

I think TC needed waterproof denim shorts, compared to his normal ones! To be far, he was one of a few in shorts.

Jeff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tri'ing Swimmer




Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the nice write up Jeff, and good work on a tough day out. Keen to start more trail running, have looked at entering the December Roseberry 1/2 a few times but always sold out even in Spring, so this was a timely reminder as looks like entries opened two weeks ago. Would you recommend Hardmoors events?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.