Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
No Farah
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: No Farah Reply with quote

i hope for most people that that the jury is still out, here....however, at what point should an elite athlete tell his coach to do a runner when it is becoming more obvious that the rules are being stretched if not exactly broken...

..i suppose, without all the facts, Team Greatsky Britain rode the same path...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen some press playing the victim narrative that Salazar is endangering Farah. If Farah didnt look to leave two years ago when allegations first came out I don't see any signs he's not fully willing or complicit in whatever practices they do.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, you have to assume that he is fully complicit...

hammerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all this proves is that every athlete is either on the juice or pushing boundaries close to the line without stepping over it. Putin has certainly achieved his goal of discrediting almost every decent olympian. I think also this discrediting that's being done is of those that are most likely following the rules. Hes hardly going to have data on the dirty Jamaican sprint team! I am surprised the Laura Trott story wasn't made more of but then shes a pretty young girl that sells newspapers where as Farah is a "dirty Immigrant" and Brad slags off the press at every opportunity so wont get favours!

Last edited by hammerer on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
I think all this proves is that every athlete is either on the juice or pushing boundaries close to the line without stepping over it. Putin has certainly achieved his goal of discrediting almost every decent olympian. I think also this discrediting that's being done is of those that are Hes hardly going to have data on the dirty Jamaican sprint team! I am surprised the Laura Trott story wasn't made more of but then shes a pretty young girl that sells newspapers where as Farah is a dirty Immigrant and Brad slags off the press at every opportunity so wont get favours!

i know that i don't live in the depths of the sarf east anymore...but i don't think ive ever heard Mo referred to as a dirty immigrant...

what's probably not going to help Farah is that Gale Ruppture appears to have contradicted himself...

Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farah just uses a Nutri Bullet, honest.
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
I think all this proves is that every athlete is either on the juice or pushing boundaries close to the line without stepping over it. Putin has certainly achieved his goal of discrediting almost every decent olympian. I think also this discrediting that's being done is of those that are Hes hardly going to have data on the dirty Jamaican sprint team! I am surprised the Laura Trott story wasn't made more of but then shes a pretty young girl that sells newspapers where as Farah is a dirty Immigrant and Brad slags off the press at every opportunity so wont get favours!

i think it was McEnroe that commented on meldonium (when Sharapova got caught) saying if it's legal and improves your performance why wouldn't you take it?

Farahs'/Salazars' comments echo the Wiggins saga: both have pushed the doping boundaries to the utmost limits where most people think it's unethical but not illegal.

I guess that's pro sport for you.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how many world class athletes got to the top despite their physical ailments; thank goodness for TUEs.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonmonkey02 wrote:
hammerer wrote:

i think it was McEnroe that commented on meldonium (when Sharapova got caught) saying if it's legal and improves your performance why wouldn't you take it?

Farahs'/Salazars' comments echo the Wiggins saga: both have pushed the doping boundaries to the utmost limits where most people think it's unethical but not illegal.

I guess that's pro sport for you.

The Sunday Times suggest that the infusions were in excess of limits...that would take it from unethical to illegal...

hammerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:

i know that i don't live in the depths of the sarf east anymore...but i don't think ive ever heard Mo referred to as a dirty immigrant...

what's probably not going to help Farah is that Gale Ruppture appears to have contradicted himself...

no that doesnt sound good reading it back. I'm sort of paraphrasing The Fail badly but for example pretty blonde cyclist has TUEs' released same time as Brads but we hear no more, Lizzie Armistead, 3 missed tests and ban overturned but its chip paper in a day but Farah, Somalian immigrant and any whiff of an issue , ie his two missed tests and its jumped on.

I agree about Rupp and the whole Project whiffs bad.
hammerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the athlete / coach and walking away, we had a similar ongoing discussions about Brett Sutton years back when numerous British Females employed him despite his well documented history. I guess morals of what the coach or other athletes in the team do isnt coming into it when you have to win at almost any cost.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

And quorn!!

It isn't just Salazar though is it? He's lied about his association with Jama Aden and then there's training with Hamza Driouch.

He is either incredibly naive, incredibly stupid or neither and doping IMO.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
I guess morals of what the coach or other athletes in the team do isn't coming into it when you have to win at almost any cost.

Like I said on the AG doper thread; people rarely get to the top without making some big sacrifices or compromises; whether that's morals or time with your family etc.

They say you should never meet your idols.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

And quorn!!

It isn't just Salazar though is it? He's lied about his association with Jama Aden and then there's training with Hamza Driouch.

He is either incredibly naive, incredibly stupid or neither and doping IMO.

It's not just No's connection...but the link with UKA or BA or whatever it is called now that worries me

explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
hammerer wrote:
I guess morals of what the coach or other athletes in the team do isn't coming into it when you have to win at almost any cost.

Like I said on the AG doper thread; people rarely get to the top without making some big sacrifices or compromises; whether that's morals or time with your family etc.

They say you should never meet your idols.

yep, but that is always gonna come back to bite you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: