Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
No support crew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threads often segue into this conversation, because I tend to bring it up Smile I am acutely aware that the sport is time consuming, and can be self-engrossing. I get told this Wink That said, I am fortunate right now, in that the only time outside of work I train are early Sunday mornings - when basically everyone else would rather be in bed or watching an ipad. This will change when I get a 'real job' and either train more outside work, or change my hobby. I certainly think that when you have kids, they don't have to be your only hobby.

As children get older, certain things obviously get easier; they can either get into what you like, or choose their own path. Some of you will remember 'Savaloy' (Matt) of the Forum. Well, he's gone from Mr Kona, to dedicating his life to his 4 kids sporting pursuits, and man does he look busy Eye Popping
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
I've got it all locked down, sorted

Haha. You certainly do Jim. But what you need is the exponential move to a second child Twisted Evil
Chrace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Chrace wrote:

Going forwards I'd only bring them to local sprints where I can be back in sub-1:30. I don't see it as fair on neither kids nor my wife. But of course, that is my view on my family situation.

Does your wife not get a choice at least?

She does, but I get this vibe that most of the time it's not exactly her thing. Smile I think she sees it as a midlife crisis phase I just need to get over, and she's supporting me in doing just that.

She's not competitive (at least in sport), and does not see the need to push oneself through the barriers which I seem to find so intriguing. So she comes along once in a while with the kids since it's nice to see what daddy is up to. A sprint distance is far better for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: