Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile time trial thread 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
B10/19 4/3/17 22:29 TRO Saracen Winner Lloyd Chapman 20:18
G10/42 22/04/17 26:25 Wheezy Winner L. Maybank / P. Wright 19:57

Why you forgetting my team mate Smile sub 20 on that course is great going.

26:25 for you even with a road bike suggests not that fast a day though, even for a saturday afternoon event.

Might try and get out for one of the evening 10's.

Cheers for the update Jim. Had to leave early doors before finding out there were joint first winners. I was very heavy legged yesterday and had a fair few miles in them. I just don't recover as quickly as I used to.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V718 14/4/17 20:54 TRO Saracen Winner G Fox 18:13

Just updating....

Maybank is flying; I think there's a whole bunch of them at the pointy end that have upped their games this year. Nationals are going to be ferocious.

Classic error there Wheezy the old fiddle with bike on the morning of a TT....rarely ends well....next time...
TriSam

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V718 14/4/17 20:54 TRO Saracen Winner G Fox 18:13
Q10/19 06/5/17 21:10 TriSam Winner ???

A gusty club 10 on the Q10/19 this morning, but a 1 second PB so worth including! Faster this year on a slower day, off slightly less power too. Shows the new position is good.

NP 306
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly ballsed up my route and missed the sign up sheet, so couldn't contribute for my club.

Nice to meet TriSam, great performance by the way, and agree definitely some bluster and gusts out there.

Did ride the course though unofficial, some terror getting on the A21 with HGVs lining up on me both times, and would've been a 1:15 improvement on my PB. Average power, normalised power and cadence all in the right ball park too.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Sopworth

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late coming into this season, but I've started off ok on the bike.
Up here in Ayrshire, i've put a decent time in so far 23:06 but it was very windy. I'm hoping it will improve once the wind drops and I can pop the disk on!
I'm doing a local 25m TT tomorrow but with around 1400ft of climbing, it won't be super fast.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey that is epic climbing for a 25. Hope the descents are fast....

Think you'll all enjoy my epic blundering on Sunday. 50 TT - I remember thinking 'must charge the DI2' on Saturday. Needless to say sorted everything, charged my rear light but forgot the Di2.....

Trundled down to the start and realised I could not change gears...

Thought of sacking but then I'd have to do a long ride anyway, so did the TT single gear. Immensely frustrating on the fast bits to not be able to get on the gear, and thus power about 25w down on target.

Still a solid 2 hour tempo ride in the bank. Time was 2:05:40, and a harsh lesson learned.

Rolling Eyes
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Crikey that is epic climbing for a 25. Hope the descents are fast....

Think you'll all enjoy my epic blundering on Sunday. 50 TT - I remember thinking 'must charge the DI2' on Saturday. Needless to say sorted everything, charged my rear light but forgot the Di2.....

Trundled down to the start and realised I could not change gears...

Thought of sacking but then I'd have to do a long ride anyway, so did the TT single gear. Immensely frustrating on the fast bits to not be able to get on the gear, and thus power about 25w down on target.

Still a solid 2 hour tempo ride in the bank. Time was 2:05:40, and a harsh lesson learned

Rolling Eyes

There's something to be said with old fashioned cables! Which 50 were you doing TRO? I did the Charlottville 50 yesterday. A bit disappointed with how it went on reflection, but it was my first long TT in a while.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did Charlotteville as well. Some proper fast rides looking at the results.

Forgotten how much I hate that bumpy stretch of road, had flashbacks to my 12 hour.

Proper nasty accident as well, think 2 riders involved not sure if they touched or a car took them out. Hope they're ok, saw one get loaded onto a stretcher. Not good. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my first 50 TT this weekend, on a really slow crappy SPOCO. Here comes the pain
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
I did Charlotteville as well. Some proper fast rides looking at the results.

Forgotten how much I hate that bumpy stretch of road, had flashbacks to my 12 hour.

Proper nasty accident as well, think 2 riders involved not sure if they touched or a car took them out. Hope they're ok, saw one get loaded onto a stretcher. Not good. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Oh damn, hope they're okay
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did some AeroLab analysis of my file from the weekend, looks like my CdA is now under 0.2 for the first time! Chuffed Very Happy
Sopworth

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i did my tri club 25m TT last Sunday and clocked 1:04:57 and took the Strava leaderboard pole position for the route, in the process (calm winds but just under 1400ft of climbing). Averaged 23mph so pleased with that.
Having tweaked my lower back earlier today, I'm not sure I'll do the cycle club 10 tomorrow….perhaps! I've done 23mins (15-20mph winds) on it but yet to pull out the aero lid and disc yet. I'm waiting for a skin suit.
Ultimately, I'd love to crack 21:30 this season but as this is the first year i've done any TT specific races, i'm not sure if this may be unrealistic - any thoughts out there?
Thank you.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sopworth wrote:
Well, i did my tri club 25m TT last Sunday and clocked 1:04:57 and took the Strava leaderboard pole position for the route, in the process (calm winds but just under 1400ft of climbing). Averaged 23mph so pleased with that.
Having tweaked my lower back earlier today, I'm not sure I'll do the cycle club 10 tomorrow….perhaps! I've done 23mins (15-20mph winds) on it but yet to pull out the aero lid and disc yet. I'm waiting for a skin suit.
Ultimately, I'd love to crack 21:30 this season but as this is the first year i've done any TT specific races, i'm not sure if this may be unrealistic - any thoughts out there?
Thank you.

For a comparison, last year on a fairly good night on a relatively slow course I rode a 22:47. A couple of weeks later on a fast course but a relatively slow day I rode a 21:58. I'd say that with the lid/ disc / good skin suit a sub 22 is definitely within your reach. If you have a power meter, are you able to do some testing to see if you can improve your body position and reduce drag while keeping your power output up? Keep a pathological eye on the weather forecast and hope for a float night, which we had here yesterday evening. That will help too. Smile
Sopworth

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a comparison, last year on a fairly good night on a relatively slow course I rode a 22:47. A couple of weeks later on a fast course but a relatively slow day I rode a 21:58. I'd say that with the lid/ disc / good skin suit a sub 22 is definitely within your reach. If you have a power meter, are you able to do some testing to see if you can improve your body position and reduce drag while keeping your power output up? Keep a pathological eye on the weather forecast and hope for a float night, which we had here yesterday evening. That will help too. Smile[/quote]

Great advice, thank you. I broke 23 last night by a few seconds but the conditions weren't great and I was 3rd fastest and only 25 seconds off the fastest guy who usually is sub 22, so i'm really happy with the progress.
Problem with this timetrailling, is my focus is moving away from running and swimming……
leahnp

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sopworth I know what you mean! I keep thinking if I dedicate more time to TTing then I wonder how could I get. At the moment i use my TTs as threshold sessions and finally edging towards low 22's on crappy Scottish roads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: