Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile time trial thread 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: The Fastest 10 mile time trial thread 2017 Reply with quote

B10/19 4/3/17 22:29 TRO Saracen Winner Lloyd Chapman 20:18 (course record)

Repulsive and shameless attempt to top the table even if briefly....
Wink

Solid early season hit out, 5 more watts than the same event last year but a full minute faster as conditions were much better. Went backwards through the field though, this year it seems the standard of rider in my region has shot up: coached riders, top end gear, lots of amateur race team riders, bigger field.

I got slaughtered by a Junior, who is in the same college class as my son.... Rolling Eyes

Enjoyed it though, great to get the TT out, have a fairly decent day and give it some beans.

Oi knee, do one....
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate, good early season smash. What was the weather like, apart from fairly still?

I had my first TT of the season too. An early morning 3UP TTT at the KCA event. We were off at 7:24 and completed the first 20 minutes with cold blue skies, albeit with a bit of wind (mostly a tailwind at that point!). As soon as we reached the turn, that all swiftly changed and the heavens opened. A friendly 5mph tailwind from before turned into a 20mph headwind, and we were treated to torrential rain and hail. Accompanied by the fact I was riding in Zone 2 to accommodate a (much) slower teammate, it made for a horrendous day out. Over 1/3rd of the field DNS'd given the conditions, and I decided NOT to ride the 40 miles home, but jumped in a car with heated seats instead
Very Happy

Time: 1:12:42 (previous 25 mile best 57:51)
Average Power: 177 (previous 25 mile best 288)
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey well done on getting out at all. I sat on the turbo for 3 hours yesterday.

Last year did this event with temps about 3/4 deg and sleety showers. Saturday it was about 11, dry with a breeze going out but not too strong. For early March more than decent.

I've got a 21 miler in 2 weeks then the first biggie of the year April 8th, 25 miler on E2/25 which is a fast course and where I set my 25 PB.

Next 10 will be V718, Good Friday, if I get a start. Last year I did not get a start even with 20:38....

Oi knee, do one....
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem with the V, everybody wants to ride it! I might try and get along to the E2/25 at some point this year, like you say on a good day it's pretty rapid!

What distance are you mainly focusing on this year?
NickdeB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 10miler of the year on sunday, absolutely grim weather at the West London Combine in Knowl Hill.

23.35 @ 331W np @ 76kg.
Fastest Time: 22.05

Struggled to get the heart rate up with the cold but solid first test of the year and still need to learn to hurt myself more (bloody ironman training)
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey Nick, 4.4w/kg to get a mid 23, must have been brutal. I was riding at just under 4w/kg for my mid 22.

TriSam: all Ironman training basically, but I have unfinished business with the 100 mile distance (sub 4). Never really ridden a good 100, on a fast day/fast course.

E2/25 is the fastest 25 I have ridden. E2/10 is also quick, but not as quick as V718. My PB is on E2/10, only time I've ridden the V I got a repulsive day with a brutal headwind on the longer 5.5 mile way back leg! Not amused after a 7 hour driving day just for a PB attempt....

Oi knee, do one....
NoTriBri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can be second even for a few moments. First of the season, only just over 30 seconds off my course PB.

TRO Saracen B10/19 4/3/17 22:29 TRO Saracen Winner Lloyd Chapman 20:18 (course record)
NoTriBri R10/17 11/10/2017 25:22 winner I Davies 23:39 (Club event)

Y Fenni Tri Club Abergavenny.
Cat5 in the Hat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the winter off with a labral tear in my hip. I may get on to this table later in the season. Sad

Nice opener Mr Saracen.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 mile sporting TT on Saturday.

Windy, rain about so not ideal on a rolling, twisty country lane circuit. Trained through Friday as not a priority race, hoped to ride at FTP. On it for the first lap but fell away quite markedly on the second circuit.

52:20 at the end, disappointing result and effort overall. Feeling of frustration and a bit of anger about the second lap, hoping to take that into next week's club open 10, and perform better.

Oi knee, do one....
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
21 mile sporting TT on Saturday.

Windy, rain about so not ideal on a rolling, twisty country lane circuit. Trained through Friday as not a priority race, hoped to ride at FTP. On it for the first lap but fell away quite markedly on the second circuit.

52:20 at the end, disappointing result and effort overall. Feeling of frustration and a bit of anger about the second lap, hoping to take that into next week's club open 10, and perform better.

Early days mate; it's only March! Wink

First TT this morning with a Medium gear 25. Went ok and starting to feel my bike work is starting to see me get some tt fitness. Worked hard up the hills and just tried to keep out of the wind for the rest of it.

My first 10 is at the end of April and aiming for a course pb on the G10/42 if I can get all my ducks in a row.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well club open 10 done, much better ride. In fact 20 minute power PB (on the bike, not turbo), and resulting in a 7W ride in FTP.

Time was modest 23:23 - but it's a tough course, and a slowish day. I ended up 6th; took some scalps and am really happy with the ride, and especially digging in on the way back against the wind.

In other news my attempt to ride V718 on Good Friday has succeeded. It closed on 20:41, so my 20:38 squeaked in by a princely 3 seconds. Field of 120,and it looks like I'll be approx 2nd/3rd slowest (other than women/tandems)....Field is going to be ridiculous!

Oi knee, do one....
newarktricky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

Next 10 will be V718, Good Friday, if I get a start. Last year I did not get a start even with 20:38....

That wouldn't have been Good Friday as I got a ride with 21.46, I assume you mean an event later in the season?

NT Very Happy Very Happy
newarktricky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

In other news my attempt to ride V718 on Good Friday has succeeded. It closed on 20:41, so my 20:38 squeaked in by a princely 3 seconds. Field of 120,and it looks like I'll be approx 2nd/3rd slowest (other than women/tandems)....Field is going to be ridiculous!

Yep and slowest reserve with a 20.57, I was 3rd fastest reject with 21.04 Rolling Eyes

NT Sad Sad
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newarktricky wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:

That wouldn't have been Good Friday as I got a ride with 21.46, I assume you mean an event later in the season?

NT Very Happy Very Happy

Yep, I did not enter the Good Friday and was highly annoyed when it closed and I could have had a ride (I was even fairly near the area anyway - wife's folks live 30 odd miles away). I was around 21:40 at the time.

I did got on the V around mid May, but it was a horror day. I got my 20:38 on the E2 in June and assumed that would be good enough for any ride on the V - since then I've been rejected for an end July event, and made this year's Good Friday by 3 seconds.

Cut off for Good Friday has lowered by well over a minute, if that carries on the high season events will need a sub 20, possibly mid 19.

Seems to be happening across the board, the Lea Valley 25 on E2 I have ridden over the years with a 63, a 61 and a 57. This year it cut off mid 55 with 240 entries for 140 places, but fortunately I had a mid 54 from last year's.

Oi knee, do one....
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a 10, but a marvelous 52:48 on E2/25 today. PB by over 1:30. Shame I got cramp in my calf in the last mile, had to stand and stretch it out while doing 30mph on a dual carriageway.

Tailwind back, my final 10 mile split was 19:52....

Oi knee, do one....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: