Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile time trial thread 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newarktricky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V718 14/4/17 20:54 TRO Saracen Winner G Fox 18:13
V718 14/6/17 20.55 newarktricky Winner N Latimer 19.25
Q10/19 06/5/17 21:10 TriSam Winner ???
A10/19 25/05/17 22:28 Aquazepp1 Winner R Bowditch 20:45
H10/17R 21/06/17 23:17 Oranj Winner T. Allen 20:36
H10/8 27/05/17 23:31 stenard Winner P. Wright 19:34
G10/42 22/04/17 26:25 Wheezy Winner L. Maybank / P. Wright 19:57
V314 14/05/17 26:46 Chrace Winner D Bramley 22:06

9 sec PB for me last Wednesday at the Team Swift slower than 21 mins and faster than 23.30 event on the V718. In reality it was a 21.01-21.42 event with my previous PB of 21.04 putting me at the faster end of those that made the cut. Decent night weatherwise with a SE wind pushing us back up the Welton drag. AP 313W NP 315W off 78kg. That compares to 332W off 77kg last July when I PB'd previously but with a less aero position.

Problem is 20.55 is still no man's land for getting in on the V718 as barely reserve territory for scratch events and now too quick for middlemarker events Rolling Eyes

NT Very Happy Very Happy
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's still a great time NT; well done. Smile

I did a 22:29 this afternoon on the F11/10. A bit of a dog of a day. Very fast for the first 2 miles but a real slog after the first turn with a cross-headwind for most of the next 5 miles. Just feel very underpowered at the moment when working hard over the shorter stuff.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a 22:29 this afternoon on the F11/10. A bit of a dog of a day. Very fast for the first 2 miles but a real slog after the first turn with a cross-headwind for most of the next 5 miles. Just feel very underpowered at the moment when working hard over the shorter stuff.
newarktricky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:

Cheers! Only done F11/10 once - last July on a wed afternoon as a vets event. Did 21.25 , don't remember too much about it apart from the section from the bottom of the hill to the turn was block headwind so a nasty part cross wind coming down the hill when using my ADR3 tri-spoke for the first time! Would like to go back and do another event there but so bloomin far away from here.

NT Very Happy Very Happy
Sopworth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newarktricky wrote:

Problem is 20.55 is still no man's land for getting in on the V718 as barely reserve territory for scratch events and now too quick for middlemarker events Rolling Eyes

NT Very Happy Very Happy

Great time Tricky. I'd love to have a 20:55 problem though Laughing Laughing
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a series of rides on E2/10 on last 4 Thursday nights - confident at least one would be a float and I'd nail a truly quick time.

First two were truly, epically repulsive - slowest rides on E2 I can remember and despite decent power I ended with a couple of 22:xx's.

THird was much better - decent power and recorded 21:02.

Fourth was the best night of the 4, but I still had Wimbleball in my legs and couldn't hold power coming back so was a fraction slower at 21:14.

So nearly but no banana, now trying to eke out another trip to the V718....
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going CRO. You doing turbo intervals or the like?

Had a carp week, last week, feeling very run down and tired so did very little as I had a 50 on the Sunday. The rest did me good as I knocked out a 1:57:xx with a negative split. Some seriously quick times; the winner did a 1:34!! Anyway, happy with my endurance which bodes well for Outlaw but not got any top end for a really quick 10. Will get the Outlaw out the way then aim for the event on the F10/11 and see if I can dip under 21, although a 21:30 probably more likely. All weather dependent though.

Anyone any thoughts on tyres? Currently using Conti sprinters. Are corsas really 4-5 watts lower crr? Could be worth some more 'free speed'. Rolling Eyes
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Corsas are supposed to be quicker but unashamedly 'no puncture resistance' so a trade off.

Fine for drag strip DC's, but you wouldn't want to be doing IM Wales with them....

TBH I use TT's to get faster for Triathlon bike splits, so whilst I pursue most 'marginal gains' I don't bother with tyres that are way to flimsy for triathlons, as I'd just be swapping them off.

I am a turbo hound, probably do 90% of my winter training (including many long rides in the 2-3 hour range) and about 50% of my summer riding on the turbo.

1:57 is a great ride, what course was it? My 50 PB is 1:56, so I think on a good day you are in range of sub 21 on F11/10.
newarktricky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Nice going CRO. You doing turbo intervals or the like?

Had a carp week, last week, feeling very run down and tired so did very little as I had a 50 on the Sunday. The rest did me good as I knocked out a 1:57:xx with a negative split. Some seriously quick times; the winner did a 1:34!! Anyway, happy with my endurance which bodes well for Outlaw but not got any top end for a really quick 10. Will get the Outlaw out the way then aim for the event on the F10/11 and see if I can dip under 21, although a 21:30 probably more likely. All weather dependent though.

Anyone any thoughts on tyres? Currently using Conti sprinters. Are corsas really 4-5 watts lower crr? Could be worth some more 'free speed'. Rolling Eyes

Good 50 time Alex! I've not completed a 50 yet this season - only one event - the vets event on the E2 4 weeks ago when I packed at 27 miles with neck pain and no chance of staying down on the aerobars for the remaining distance into a horrendous headwind. I've entered the LRRA50 locally as it's part of our club rider of the season competition but it's on a dog of a course so will only have a course PB to go for.

Good luck at Outlaw - not long now! The signs are out on the bike course locally already.

NT Very Happy Very Happy
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gents. It was the P885 course on the A3. Lovely tarmac with a big gift hill at the start but it was nice that I still rode the second half faster than the first. Only real issue was the traffic. Not particularly heavy but I had three very close passes and the rider who finished 20 seconds behind me was involved in a hit and run as he crossed the line Sad

The Outlaw's looking rather sketchy. The bike will be fine but I haven't actually put on a wetsuit yet this year. Running has been virtually non-existent for the last month. Going to be a fun day out more than anything and just get round.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promising weather forecast for the VTTA Nationals on E2/25 this weekend, so hoping I can nail a good ride.

Had great weather for the ECCA 100 couple of weeks back, also E2, but rode #@?# - superfast day, squeaked a PB by 12 seconds but anything like a good ride would have seen 10 mins + off.

Afternoon race on Sat, so relaxing morning watching rugby....

*memo to self: no beer Wink
Cat5 in the Hat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened my account back in April on the H10/1 with a 26:26, about 3.75mins down on PB.
Did our club champs & interclub last night on the H10/2 with a season's best of 26:08, about 3 mins down on course best.

Way off where I was last year in terms of power. I don't have the ability to push hard non-stop and the hip tear causes a reasonable amount of pain even with a intra-articular steroid.

Calling it a day on the 2017 season after 2 TTs and probably 60 bike rides (not training!) in total. I'll be back next year once I'm fixed.
Sopworth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my first open 10 on the WW10/01 next week, so I'll be able to post a time - hoping to break 22mins but will see. John Archibald (Scottish National Champ) is riding too.
Did my club 25m tt last week and posted a 55.28 so happy with my TT progress this year. National 50m TT has been postponed until August up here in Scotland which is a blessing as I wasn't well preparedů.not sure I will be then!
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ride at the E2/25 did not go according to plan Sad

Rested up nicely, and arrived in perfect conditions for a fast ride - early times from the women's field showed it was running fast, however after warm up and as I was rolling towards the start heard that the event had been cancelled, rider knocked off by a car.

Air ambulance, multiple Police cars, laned coned off and a broken TT bike lying poignantly in the lane an hour after so I really feared the worst.

However news later in the evening that he had broken collar bone, ribs, shoulder and some nasty road rash but nothing life threatening. Hope he recovers strong.

Apparently first accident on the E2 that anyone can remember, certainly before 2000 and I do find the E2 one of the safer DC courses, apparently the nearby Duxford airshow had brought a lot more traffic out than usual, which may have contributed.

Went home and Turbo'd. Sad
Oranj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

Apparently first accident on the E2 that anyone can remember, certainly before 2000 and I do find the E2 one of the safer DC courses..

People have short memories. A rider was knocked off their bike in a longer event (a 100-mile TT, I think) that I was riding there maybe 5 years ago. There were no serious consequences to that accident though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: