Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
This forum is a #@?# hole
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the tritalk kit, those were the days. I remember hauling my ass around Blenheim and a gaggle of beautiful women stopped picknicking to cheer me on. Thank you ladies.
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ah the tritalk kit, those were the days. I remember hauling my ass around Blenheim and a gaggle of beautiful women stopped picknicking to cheer me on. Thank you ladies.

I've still got two of the blue "S2" jerseys. 9 years of decent use and the winter jersey especially is still pretty good condition.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Gus wrote:
I agree that Facebook doesn't provide the same ideal platform as discussions as here.

I was away from here for ages but came back a while ago and am making a very conscious effort (re-branding questions notwithstanding Wink ) to get more involved again. Quite simply because this place is worth keeping going.

In my absence I noted a few stalwarts on here have basically kept the old place going, for which we owe a big 'thanks' to. With that in mind I feel I should offer to do my bit so Andy - I'm happy to become an admin as well, to help clear up some of the sh1t that gets posted. I find I end up quite often reporting it and often thinking it would just be easier if I had the power to delete it myself.

I don't know how to re-energise the site, but at least if we can keep it going with regular activity of some description, it keeps it alive until someone comes up with a great idea.

to be honest a tidy up is all that's required with the news replaced by poster contributions, race reports etc. It wouldn't take a lot, Well maybe a bit of time but easy enough work to just cut out the dead ends. Have a fb page /group that links over here as well so fb'ers get directed to the old site.

Id like to get the kit reinstated also. Not only is it promoting the site /Team TT but all you see at races was TriTalk blue and the Pirate yellow in big groups. Made attending races alone (see how I link nicely there Wink ) much more fun as there was always a big group. Austria 70.3 in 2010 was a great weekend with car shares, TT bike ride the day before, TT drinks after etc. Same with many of the races, Forestman, Outlaw. There was even a TriTalkman in 2008! WE'll struggle to get those days back but it can always improve. Slowtwitch still gets plenty of traffic

slowtwitch is a bit of a biff fest or a sucker feed and it lacks the development of meaningful on-line relationships...ie..it's too big...

all this site needs is more posting and, as H says, an ability to either repair the feed or replace it....it needs more newcomers and without a good ranking it will not be visible to most new participants...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I f'king love the Internet sometimes.

Back in 2013, on a vote on whether the wonderful Julian(sic) should leave the Forum:

SloggingScotsman wrote:

Julius I voted for you to go, because you have hurt a forum member badly and simply won't apologise for it. I was going to abstain for reasons others have cited but I am trying to train myself to make difficult no win decisions, in case I need to in the future, so I had to vote one way of another as part of this training. I do want you here but I don't want you causing distress to others. And in a in/out decision where I forced myself to vote I had to vote for harmony. I will however reflect upon whether this was the right decision but I stand by it.

When all is said and done most people who have an issue probably have an issue for similar reasons you hurt someone, and you don't seem to give a monkies about it.

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91504&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

a rather unctuous fellow who has met a similar fate on other sites...

In response to a thread entitled: "this is all crap and julius fawcett is a jerk", he replied "i have feelings you know, I am a human being"

that said, the topics are more up his street, such as: depression & anxiety; complex parental situation; i'm too skinny; one partner has depression etc...if he can't cure them, at least he can add to their confusion...

Fun forum history lesson! Just had a look at this Julius' posting history, it seemed to start off sedately (mainly talking about triathlon of all things) ... I skipped ahead to halfway through his history and by then it was getting a bit weird.
TransitionTed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phrase "Please do not feed the troll" was practically made for the guy
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I f'king love the Internet sometimes.

Back in 2013, on a vote on whether the wonderful Julian(sic) should leave the Forum:

SloggingScotsman wrote:

Julius I voted for you to go, because you have hurt a forum member badly and simply won't apologise for it. I was going to abstain for reasons others have cited but I am trying to train myself to make difficult no win decisions, in case I need to in the future, so I had to vote one way of another as part of this training. I do want you here but I don't want you causing distress to others. And in a in/out decision where I forced myself to vote I had to vote for harmony. I will however reflect upon whether this was the right decision but I stand by it.

When all is said and done most people who have an issue probably have an issue for similar reasons you hurt someone, and you don't seem to give a monkies about it.

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91504&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

a rather unctuous fellow who has met a similar fate on other sites...

In response to a thread entitled: "this is all crap and julius fawcett is a jerk", he replied "i have feelings you know, I am a human being"

that said, the topics are more up his street, such as: depression & anxiety; complex parental situation; i'm too skinny; one partner has depression etc...if he can't cure them, at least he can add to their confusion...

Fun forum history lesson! Just had a look at this Julius' posting history, it seemed to start off sedately (mainly talking about triathlon of all things) ... I skipped ahead to halfway through his history and by then it was getting a bit weird.

unchecked, he continues to depress...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be scared of weird, for pretty much everything we now take for granted (electricity, penicillin etc) was once considered weird and whacky.
AndyS..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the PM messages, much appreciated. I don't call in here enough to monitor what's going on, I've gone and got myself a proper job that requires me to do stuff! FFS.

I've upped some people to Admin and they'll unleash their mighty power in due course. I changed the registration procedure about 3-4 months ago from 'everyone needs approval' to 'none need approval' mostly because approving everyone is a PITA because you have to manually verify everyone against a spam database and secondly, because we were loosing the heat of the moment from some major contributors because by the time I'd checked them and approved them they'd gone. One of them a member of the Olympic cycling squad, which is a shame.

You know how the forum works, it's a general collective so if enough think there is a need for more admins then just decide that and more will appear.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say that I would be sad to see this site go under. Ive not been the most prolific poster on here but usually checked in most days to see what's going on and there's been plenty of folks on here that have made me chuckle. While I know diddly about how a website like this works I d be happy to help to try to breathe some life into it somehow, in some capacity. Will make the effort to post a bit more, in particular getting on the newcomers' thread if any newbies go on there.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Have to say that I would be sad to see this site go under. Ive not been the most prolific poster on here but usually checked in most days to see what's going on and there's been plenty of folks on here that have made me chuckle. While I know diddly about how a website like this works I d be happy to help to try to breathe some life into it somehow, in some capacity. Will make the effort to post a bit more, in particular getting on the newcomers' thread if any newbies go on there.

every time you look, just add a post or two Wheezy...

TransitionTed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Don't be scared of weird, for pretty much everything we now take for granted (electricity, penicillin etc) was once considered weird and whacky.

He wasn't weird
That was part of the issue
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

He wasn't weird

I think that the jury is still out on this...in his current form he is dealing with people that appear quite vulnerable....I don't think he says it's their fault anymore, so hopefully he learnt something....

TransitionTed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

He wasn't weird

I think that the jury is still out on this...in his current form he is dealing with people that appear quite vulnerable....I don't think he says it's their fault anymore, so hopefully he learnt something....

https://youtu.be/QbhxZ7Chlbc
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitionTed wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
TransitionTed wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

He wasn't weird

https://youtu.be/QbhxZ7Chlbc

are we done being neighbours???

Roscoemck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum's a breath of fresh air compared to Slowtwitch. ST can be very intimidating for newcomers and there's a lot of angry people over there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: