Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
This forum is a #@?# hole
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I enjoyed seeing the Triathlonbox thread being resurrected!

What other classic threads do people have?

Well, there's the Koalafish one obviously. Then there was the Lonestar one about giving his dog mouthwash.

There must be a better Julius one but... http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91379&highlight=

Especially good use of pictures in that one.

Yes, Julius, the man who chose peace, love and harmony but knew not how to spread it...
sadly this is all too common. It is easy to gain a "realisation" and then feel the need to evangelicate this with conviction to all and sundry. I don't get it myself but I see it in action in our world.

The problem comes when you forget that our world is full of different people, all at different stages of their personal journeys through life. And obviously when you forget that you may yourself be wrong.

The way to spread love and peace in our world, in my opinion, is to treasure our differences, accept that one solution does not fit everyone (as we are all different, at different stages of our personal journey through life), and importantly try to see any issue from as many perspectives as you can, as opposed to believing that your way is the only (or only correct) way. Offer a helping hand, share knowledge and beliefs not impose them, and recognise that while trying to "do good" you can inadvertently "do immense harm".

Bearing in mind that some masons have placed me on a pedestal in the past, while some in the conspiracy world (think Ickes website) have told me that they thought I was the "one, fabled Masonic messiah etc", a couple of people from two Christian religions (proveable) have told me that I have helped them find and refine their faith, that I have myself in a hospital antibiotic fever spiked hallucination been asked to return here as I was about to take that final step etc..........

I simply cannot fully comprehend why or how people wake up one morning and be so sure of themselves and their beliefs that they try to forceably impose them on others in hurtful ways.

I know that wisdom comes from self reflection and working hard to make yourself a better person. And in no universe are you going to magically impose such wisdom on people, for we each have to do the hard work ourselves through the crap that life throws at us.
Paul L

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
...Bearing in mind that some masons have placed me on a pedestal in the past, while some in the conspiracy world (think Ickes website) have told me that they thought I was the "one, fabled Masonic messiah etc", a couple of people from two Christian religions (proveable) have told me that I have helped them find and refine their faith, that I have myself in a hospital antibiotic fever spiked hallucination been asked to return here as I was about to take that final step etc..........

”You’re not the messiah, you’re a very naughty boy.”

Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul L, the wife and I piss ourselves over that.

Funny what some folk think about you. I will admit however, that I have thought that it could make a good book for I could honestly, and provably, start with "based on a true story....." people could even factcheck it!

Wink
Iaincognito

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full house!

GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Bearing in mind that some masons have placed me on a pedestal in the past

Was that at a fair taking the place of a coconut at a coconut shy ...... Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
Bearing in mind that some masons have placed me on a pedestal in the past

Was that at a fair taking the place of a coconut at a coconut shy ...... Wink
You would have thought so GrahamO.....but no.

There are definitely two 'masonic' views of me, one 'keep him as far away as possible' (ok that may be poetic exaggeration) and 'we need to honour Sloggers' (again may be poetic exaggeration).

Tons of evidence that can be factchecked by relevant folk.

Including, but not limited to...

1. Being called 'Brother' in person, in writing, and on the Internet by a fair number of masons, of various fraternities, over several years. I take that as a great honour.
2. One lodge discussed the possibility, with me present, of making me a 'mason under the sword' (at sight for you ugleers). As I wanted independence between fraternities at that time I politely steering the conversation away. Though I am grateful.
3. There are photos kicking about with me next to acting grand officers from around our world. Iirc some are wearing chains. Bearing in mind I have never been initiated and the lodge concerned fully knew my status.
4. One lodge gave me an open invitation to attend lodge meetings after the ceremonies were concluded.
Etc. Wink Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While by some measures I am a failure, by others I have achieved notable things, throughout my life, in various fields (even getting an award for inspiring at a duathlon), which if someone had the ability to factcheck in depth, would offer I think a pause for thought.

Mind you hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The real funny thing is that I just bumble and stumble my way through life, watching out for flying coconuts. Razz
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS are you or have you ever been a triathlete?
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
SS are you or have you ever been a triathlete?
until lumbar spinal stenosis got my gp barring me from running, yes. Hope to return one day walking.

Bleinheim sprint to half way around imuk 07 I think it was, in the group photo. Wasn't even last out of the water.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, the masons...seeing everyone as equal...as long as they are not women...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
yep, the masons...seeing everyone as equal...as long as they are not women...
depends on which fraternity. There are plenty of women masons in our world (no where near as many as men I give you). In England for example (there was, I haven't checked in a decade) several women only and mixed comasonic fraternities alive and kicking.

It's one of those things where one name covers a wider spectrum than many realise (just like tri could be a super sprint or endurance).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are called fraternities for a reason...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex-Mother in Law was(is?) a Mason.

She's French.

Says it all, really.

My 15 minutes of fame
sooooooooz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to hire a Masonic Hall for my nursery school. One morning after the children had gone, two of the old masons turned up and we got chatting. They allowed me to go into the temple to have a look. Weird...like some quasi-religious inner sanctum.Quite scary but slightly funny at the same time. Couldn't get out quick enough.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooooooooz wrote:
I used to hire a Masonic Hall for my nursery school. One morning after the children had gone, two of the old masons turned up and we got chatting. They allowed me to go into the temple to have a look. Weird...like some quasi-religious inner sanctum.Quite scary but slightly funny at the same time. Couldn't get out quick enough.
some temples feel completely bland and sterile to me, while others grasp my guts, squeeze and shout at me. I was once prodded out of one at the end of a sword (I had been told to enter and drop something off before it all started, but they were setting up). A good fun day that was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: