Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Alistair Brownlee's road to the IM70.3 World Champs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Interesting also to see if the WTC will have bought the race by the time it starts next weekend.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hopefully they will have learned their lesson and kept ownership within the 'Family' rather than a third party/event company franchise, which is how they lost so many other events.
SidSnot

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bh wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
If AB can stay injury free, he's the next Frodeno, but better. Not sure if that be caveated with, as long as it's not roasting hot?

I think we'll see a massive increase in the average performance, and he won't be completely dominant. Even if AB is a clean athlete, the testing is simply not there, so the risk/reward ratio has changed and the dopers will need to increase their doping (risk) to compete with AB.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring doping into this conversation?

I was wondering the same thing
fat buddha

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
r0bh wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
If AB can stay injury free, he's the next Frodeno, but better. Not sure if that be caveated with, as long as it's not roasting hot?

I think we'll see a massive increase in the average performance, and he won't be completely dominant. Even if AB is a clean athlete, the testing is simply not there, so the risk/reward ratio has changed and the dopers will need to increase their doping (risk) to compete with AB.

I was wondering the same thing

+1
jibberjim

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bh wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Because it's elite sport, elite sport is rife with doping, please do not pretend it's not. It does no-one at all any favours.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll never fit in at Ironman, where's all the branded clobber, compression gear, finisher T shirt, Kinesio tape etc. He could at least strut about with two Olympic golds round his neck...

Oi knee, do one....
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

He'll never fit in at Ironman, where's all the branded clobber, compression gear, finisher T shirt, Kinesio tape etc. He could at least strut about with two Olympic golds round his neck...

To be fair, you just described an Ironman AGer there. I mean, for a start, how many professional triathletes have you seen with an Mdot tattoo Question
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:

To be fair, you just described an Ironman AGer there. I mean, for a start, how many professional triathletes have you seen with an Mdot tattoo Question

True, most pros hate Ironman/WTC...

Oi knee, do one....
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

To be fair, if you look closely you'll probably find that every item of clothing he's wearing is Adidas branded. It might not be as obvious as most "sponsored" athletes, but I bet he's completely on brand and very well paid for being so Wink
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone wants an excuse not to do anything this morning :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LULTqJs7pU[/url]
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonmonkey02 wrote:
Just in case anyone wants an excuse not to do anything this morning :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LULTqJs7pU[/url]

Good to see he's powered by Yorkshire Tea in his bottle.
PCP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he lead off the bike and blew up and pulled out. Interesting, said he wasn't feeling it from the very start.
Horwich tri - 2:11:12 (57/393)
Monster Mojo Middle - 4:44:50 (29th)
50TT
UK Ultimate 1/2
100TT
IMUK
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep something off from the start. He couldn't hold Varga's feet in the swim and ended up solo, then had an inexplicably long T1 which allowed Raelert to almost catch him.

Probably ground out the bike feeling crap, hopped off hoping the legs would be ok only to find they were not. We've all been there.....

Oi knee, do one....
jibberjim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Yep something off from the start. He couldn't hold Varga's feet in the swim and ended up solo, then had an inexplicably long T1 which allowed Raelert to almost catch him.

Probably ground out the bike feeling crap, hopped off hoping the legs would be ok only to find they were not. We've all been there.....

Wonder if Varga is on a share of winnings, or a fixed fee for his pace making efforts for the Brownlees.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:

Wonder if Varga is on a share of winnings, or a fixed fee for his pace making efforts for the Brownlees.

As a Slovak they would have wanted him there, fairly sure they would have arranged a substantial ' first out of the water' prize, which is as good as giving it to him...

Oi knee, do one....
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did think Ali was looking pretty uncomfortable in the last few miles of the bike. he was definitely huffing and puffing, and didn't look very smooth out of T2.

Unfortunately i then had to go out, so didn't see the rest of the run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: