Triathlon habits that make no sense to the rest of the world

here are 8 for starters :-

how many can we find,
I will add, Riding a bike but going nowhere staring at pixels

8 Likes

haha about Zwift

Although that does actually make sense to me, when you look at hamsters in a cage. They run on their wheel even though it’s not going anywhere. It’s not just about getting from a to b, exercise is something far more fundamental. Maybe tech advances of the 20th century allowed a lot of people to essentially remove exercise from their Iives but now most people realise thats not a great plan.

Of course humans being humans someone always takes it too far and invents stuff like IM and Bologna TT :face_vomiting::smiley:

6 Likes

Affectionally known as my “going nowhere bike” in my house.

I will add:

• getting up at 5am to swim before work
  • planning days in the office around the weather forecast to maximise bike commute opportunities

In fact our house search when I moved jobs was restricted to a 20 mile radius to make sure biking to work was an option.

13 Likes

Taking advantage of cycling ‘somewhere’ to get an extra bike ride in. So yeah, my family drove in the car to the in-laws at the weekend. I cycled :sunglasses:

Also vetoing hotels for having inadequate pools.

12 Likes

Swimming…with lots of toys and a big watch. Swimming in a wetsuit in a heated open-air pool in the summer.
Maybe this just happens in Germany :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

The quick guys in lanes 5 and 6 at the tri club swim in their wetsuits. It’s bloody cold atm though

3 Likes

Jumping in a freezing cold lake in March :cold_face::joy:

6 Likes

Yeah, that made no sense…

When going on a business trip, the first thing I pack are my trainers. Genuinely surprised when a colleague thought this was odd.

7 Likes

Still remember the time we visited Kona during ironman week. We were in town a couple of days before the race and I walked into a garage to get something.

The lady behind the counter and the presumably local American lady in front of me in the queue were both (considerably) larger specimens of the species, and I think one was buying a plus sized pack of potato chips and several litres of full sugar Coke.

We got chatting, where are you from etc, then one of them said " are you here to do the Ironman race?"

No I said, somewhat flattered that they thought that was possible.

“Ah, good” she said. “I hate to see people abusing their bodies like that.” :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

15 Likes

5 foreign holidays this year. 2 warm weather training camps, 3 races. To 99.99% that’s an absolute waste of holidays……

9 Likes

……actually looking at it written down, what an absolute waste of holidays :roll_eyes::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

Turning down jobs/promotions due the effect on training.

9 Likes
  1. I think the Pain Cave is a concept alien and/or confusing for Norms.

2. Eating while exercising.

3. Beer as a recovery drink.

6 Likes

Yes … this !

1 Like

Eating while exercising is a good one

2 Likes

A ‘sprint’ is at least an hour.

5 Likes

Not if you are fast enough…

1 Like

I’m not.

1 Like

Realizing you’re highly deficient in one sport and deciding the best way to improve is to split your time with two others you’re equally bad at whilst creating arguably the worlds most expensive sport.

3 Likes